Cheltenham Craft Beer and Cider Festival 2018
Cheltenham Friends of the Samaritans are holding their 13th Cheltenham Beer Festival on Saturday 9th June 2018 from 12 noon – 11:00pm. The event is being held at The Old Patesians Rugby Club, 52 Everest Road, Cheltenham GL53 9LG.
With over 50 different Craft Beers and 20 Ciders, Cheltenham Beer Festival returns for its 13th year.
Continuing with the stunning flavours Craft Beer brings, this truly unique Beer Festival provides you with opportunity to try our fantastic selection of handpicked beer and cider.
New this year, musical entertainment on the outdoor stage, including brilliant acts such as Frankenstein's Lobster. We also have The Jelly Babies on in the afternoon to entertain your little ones.
Don't fancy Beer? No problem, enjoy our range of fabulous ciders or collect a tipple from the new Prosecco Bar.
Families and dogs welcome (dogs must be kept on a lead).
Tickets are £8 in advance or £12 on the day (Please note that a small fee is applicable for tickets bought online). To Purchase Tickets Click Here
Tickets can also be purchased direct from Favourite Beers, Hewlett Road, Cheltenham GL52 6BB or online with booking fee. The Beer Festival glass is included in the ticket price, of which there will be a choice of a pint or a stemmed half pint beer glass, subject to availability.
Some of the reasons for us offering Craft Keg beers are as follows:
- Modern Craft Keg beers are superb quality with outrageous amounts of aroma and flavour and they bear no comparison to the generally awful keg beers of the 70s and 80s
- Our festival is held in the height of Summer and it is sometimes very difficult to serve cask beers at optimum temperatures, this is not a problem with Craft Keg beers which can be served at ideal temperatures whatever the weather.
- Many of the leading lights of the UK brewing scene do not package their beers in casks – we can however get their beers in keg form
- If a Cask Beer isn’t fully sold out at our festival, we need to tip the rest away on the Sunday – partially used Craft Keg Beers can be sold on for re-use thus cutting down on wastage (and tears) and reducing risk
- Setting up a range of Cask beers is a time and labour intensive process taking many days, Craft Keg bars can be set up in a few hours
- Even with lots of loving care and attention, it is not unusual to find Cask beers that are not fit to serve, Craft Keg beers do not generally suffer from this problem
- By serving Craft Keg beers we will be able to offer a range of superb foreign beers at our festival for the first time.
- A Cask beer festival in Gloucestershire is no longer a unique event (over 30 held in 2016) – no one has run a Craft Keg Beer festival in Gloucestershire before
- Craft Keg beers are attracting a new younger audience of beer drinkers and this is to be welcomed and encouraged
Take a look at previous festivals !